History Of Pulaski Park
The Holyoke Water Power Company donated land in 1883 for Pulaski Park. The park was originally named Kerry Park. In 1885, it was renamed Prospect Park for its sweeping views of the Connecticut River and the Holyoke Dam. Subsequently, this area of Holyoke became a predominantly Polish community and in 1939, the park was renamed Pulaski Park in honor of General Count Casimir Pulaski, the Polish hero who fought for the Colonies in the American Revolution. In 2004, Pulaski Park was named to the National Register of Historic Places.